Best Pole Saw Pruner are indispensable tools for pruning and trimming tree branches, providing a safe and efficient way to maintain your yard’s aesthetics. With their extension poles and chainsaw attachments, these versatile tools allow you to reach and trim high branches without the need for ladders or risky maneuvers.
Whether you’re a homeowner looking to tidy up your landscape or a professional landscaper in need of a reliable tool, finding the best pole saw can make a world of difference in terms of convenience, safety, and overall results. When choosing a pole saw, factors such as power source, reach, cutting capacity, and safety features should be considered.
While I don’t have the specific recommendations for the best pole saw pruners in 2023, I can provide you with general guidance to help you make an informed decision and encourage you to consult trusted sources for the most up-to-date and reliable product recommendations.
Pole saw pruners are available in gas-powered, electric, and battery-powered models. Gas-powered pole saws offer more power but are typically heavier and require more maintenance. Electric pole saws are lighter and quieter but require a power outlet or extension cord. Battery-powered pole saws provide mobility but may have limited run time.
Reach and height:
Consider the maximum reach and height of the pole saw pruner to ensure it can reach the branches you need to trim. Some models have telescopic poles or extension attachments for added versatility.
Check the cutting capacity of the pole saw pruner, which refers to the thickness of branches it can handle. Choose a model with a cutting capacity suitable for your pruning needs.
Look for pole saw pruners with safety features such as chain brakes, handguards, and low-kickback chains to reduce the risk of accidents.
Brand reputation and reviews:
Research the reputation of the brand and read customer reviews to get an idea of the performance and reliability of the pole saw pruner.
5 Best Pole Saw Pruner You Can Buy On Amazon
1. BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Pole Saw, 8-Inch, Cordless (LPP120):
For homeowners seeking a convenient solution for small lawn maintenance tasks, the Black and Decker 20-volt Lithium-Ion Battery-Powered Pole Saw is a suitable choice. Priced affordably, this cordless electric pole saw provides flexibility without the limitation of a cord. It features an eight-inch bar capable of cutting six-inch branches and comes with a pre-assembled chain and bar, saving you setup time. The built-in safety lock switch adds an extra layer of protection during operation.
Customers have expressed satisfaction with the lightweight design and cordless functionality of this pole saw, as it makes pruning tasks easier and more manageable. Many users found the cutting capacity to be sufficient for their needs. However, some customers have reported concerns about the handle and shaft being flimsy and not sturdy enough. It’s worth noting that the saw lacks an automatic oiler, requiring manual oiling between cuts, which may be a minor inconvenience for some users.
While this pole saw is ideal for smaller limbs close to the ground, it may not be suitable for medium- or heavy-duty applications. If you anticipate cutting larger limbs, it’s recommended to explore pole saws with higher voltage motors or gas engines. The Black and Decker pole saw comes with an extension pole, offering a maximum claimed reach of up to 14 feet, and includes a battery charger for added convenience.
- Brand: BLACK+DECKER
- Style: 20V Pole Saw
- Color: Black
- Blade Material: High Speed Steel
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Special Feature: Brushless
- Cutting Bar Length: 8 inches
- Maximum Cutting Diameter: 6 inches
- Usable Length: 6.5 feet or 10 feet
- Overhead Reach: Up to 14 feet
- Battery Type: 20V Max Lithium-Ion
- Battery Life: Long lifespan, retains charge up to 5 times longer than similar NICD batteries when idle
- Cutting Capacity: Up to 100 cuts of 1 1/2-inch pine branches per charge
- Power-Head Design: In-line for easy maneuverability and visibility
- Disassembly: Unit can be disassembled for storage and transport.
Customer Reviews :
Positive Reviews :
- The pole saw works better than expected and quickly lopped off heavy limbs.
- It is convenient to use with 20V batteries and chargers from other Black and Decker tools.
- The pole saw is sturdy and seems durable.
- One customer modified the pole saw with an extension for trimming tall palm trees.
- The tool is effective and powerful, surprising the reviewer with its performance.
- The pole saw is well-balanced, but it becomes heavier at the saw end.
- It cuts through branches easily, including those up to 4 inches in diameter.
- The battery life is sufficient for most tasks, and the interchangeable batteries are a bonus.
- When fully extended, the pole saw requires more effort to handle but is manageable.
- The instructions provided are helpful, and following them is important for proper maintenance.
Negative Reviews :
- One customer experienced the pole saw dying mid-cut despite being a new tool.
- Another reviewer mentioned frequent wiring connection issues with the motor, requiring time-consuming repairs.
- A customer received a damaged product in a broken box, leading to disappointment.
- The pole saw had problems with the cutting chain falling off the track after a couple of cuts, eventually resulting in the tool quitting altogether.
- The chain of the pole saw constantly came off, even with proper oiling and tightening, causing frustration for the user.
- One customer did not receive the extension piece that should have been included in the kit.
- The pole saw stopped working after just two uses, and a connection to the motor came off, requiring electrical tape to secure it.
- The chain of the pole saw came loose frequently, rendering the product useless over time, and the customer had to constantly readjust it.
- The reviewer mentioned difficulties in obtaining replacement parts for the pole saw.
- The chain of the pole saw popped off the first time it was used, even when cutting thin branches, and the user was unable to return it due to being outside the return window.
2. Worx Corded Electric Pole Saw:
practical tool for tackling small and hard-to-reach projects. With a 10-inch blade and an eight-foot extension pole, it empowers you to effortlessly trim branches up to 10 feet high. The automatic chain tightening feature ensures your safety while working. This corded pole saw boasts a corded design, ensuring uninterrupted power supply for extended use.
The rotating handle enables convenient angled cuts, allowing you to navigate challenging cutting angles with ease. Additionally, the automatic oiler keeps the chain well-lubricated, ensuring smooth operation and prolonging the lifespan of the saw. While it provides ample power for most tasks, it should be noted that the eight amps of power it offers may not match the performance of gas-powered models. Furthermore, some users have found the head to be heavy when attached to the pole. Nevertheless, the corded pole saw remains a popular choice due to its versatility, reasonable price point, and reliable performance.
- Brand: WORX
- Color: Orange and Black
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Surface Recommendation: Wood
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Motor: 8 Amps
- Rated Voltage: 120V~60Hz
- Auto Chain Lubrication: Yes
- Compact and Lightweight: Yes (10 lbs.)
- Auto Chain Tension: Yes
- Tool-less Installation: Yes
- Included: 8 Amp 10″ Chainsaw, 8-foot Extension Pole, Chain, Chain Bar, Blade Protection Cover
Customer Reviews :
Positive Reviews :
- Paid For Itself In One Use: Impressive performance, cut down a large tree and made firewood.
- Works well as a pole saw or without the pole: Versatile tool for various branch sizes.
- Great design great quality: Well-designed with excellent materials.
- Power house on a stick: Powerful saw, cuts through 5-inch green limbs easily.
- This thing is great: Positive feedback on build quality and value.
- Pretty good saw: Chainsaw and pole separation appreciated, can be top-heavy when connected.
- Works much better than expected and more than worth the money: Surpassed expectations in performance and value.
- Works great: Highly satisfied with performance and value.
- Awesome and cheap: Delivers as promised, energy-efficient, excellent value.
- Work horse!: Effective tool, though heavy.
- No brake, can turn on accidentally
- Safety locking mechanism not foolproof
- Auto chain tension system works well
- Length limitations, difficult to get full extension
- Top-heavy and hard to stabilize
- Difficult to use on a ladder
- Chain lubrication system leaks oil
- Chain tension mechanism stops working
- Customer service not helpful
- Constant adjustment required for chain tension
- Oil leak persists
- Low quality, chain falls off easily
- Caught fire during use
- Poor cutting performance, tears instead of clean cuts
- Blade comes off frequently
- Disappointing product from a usually reliable brand
3. Sun Joe Electric Multiangle Pole Chain Saw:
Introducing Sun Joe’s 8-amp corded electric pole saw, a functional and affordable tool designed to make your tree-trimming tasks a breeze. With one of the tallest working heights in its class, this pole saw extends up to 8.8 feet, allowing you to reach a maximum working height of 10.9 feet. Its powerful electric motor ensures efficient cutting, while its lightweight design, weighing only 7.9 pounds, minimizes fatigue during extended use.
What sets this pole saw apart is its adjustable head, which can be angled anywhere from 0 to 30 degrees, providing you with enhanced maneuverability and versatility when dealing with hard-to-reach branches. The 10-inch blade is capable of cutting through branches up to 9.5 inches in diameter, catering to most pruning needs. Additionally, the tool comes at a very reasonable price, making it accessible to homeowners with small to medium-sized yards.
While using the pole saw, keep in mind that it requires a power source within 100 feet, as it operates on a corded electric system. Sun Joe recommends using a minimum 14-gauge extension cord no longer than 100 feet. The pole saw features an ergonomic handle and a foam-covered grip for comfortable handling.
- Model Number: SWJ803E
- Power Source: Corded electric
- Maximum Length: 8.8 feet
- Weight: 7.9 pounds
- Maximum Branch Diameter: 9.5 inches
Customer Reviews :
Positive Reviews :
- Cuts through branches superbly and effortlessly
- Can handle larger branches than expected
- Easy to use and maneuver
- Can be used as both a pole saw and a regular chainsaw
- Allows cutting off side branches without crouching down
- Well-built and durable
- Safe to use
- Provides excellent results
- Good value for the price
- Reliable and efficient
- Makes cutting tree limbs easy and safe
- Great for trimming and cutting firewood
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Automatic shut-off for safety
- Good length of extension
- Strong motor
- Comes with a sharp chain
- Pressure washer didn’t work properly and couldn’t be returned.
- Electric chainsaw had issues with chain staying in place, a waste of money.
- Poor customer service and difficulty finding replacement parts.
- Chain came loose and fell off during use, multiple chain issues.
- Misleading advertising about the length of the telescopic pole.
- Defective product with missing screws and no available spare parts.
- Oil leakage from the reservoir.
- Difficult to set chain tension, chain stopped moving or slipped off.
- Oil reservoir leaked and no response to warranty claim.
- Motor died after a month of use, unhelpful customer support.
- Broke after the second use, out of warranty window.
4. DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Pole Saw, 15-Foot Reach, Tool Only (DCPS620B):
Introducing the DEWALT Battery-Powered Pole Saw, a sturdy and reliable option for your tree pruning needs. This cordless pole saw features an eight-inch low-kickback chain that can deliver up to 96 cuts per charge, ensuring a long runtime. With its well-balanced design and a maximum reach of 15 feet, it provides excellent maneuverability and access to high branches. The automatic oiling system ensures proper lubrication, while the power adjustment system enhances user control. It is worth noting that the tool does not come with the required battery and charger.
Customers have praised the easy assembly, maintenance, and usability of this pole saw. However, some have desired more torque, and a few experienced slight oil leakage during operation. The DEWALT Pole Saw stands out with its bucking spikes and extended battery runtime, allowing for efficient cutting of 8-inch branches.
Though it lacks a chain oil bottle and may not match the power of corded or gas pruners, this model’s brushless motor requires minimal maintenance. The included 20-volt, 4-amp hour battery provides ample power, and the pole saw weighs 8.4 pounds without the battery (9.8 pounds with). The limb hook and metal bucking spikes enhance stability and control, while the auto-oiler keeps the chain running smoothly. Please note that chain oil must be purchased separately.
- Power Source: Battery
- Maximum Length: 10 feet
- Weight (without battery): 8.4 pounds
- Maximum Branch Diameter: 8 inches
- Battery: 20-volt, 4-amp hour (battery and charger not included)
- Chain Size: 8 inches
- Cutting Bar: 8 inches
- Maximum Reach: Up to 15 feet
- Automatic Oiling System: Yes
- Power Adjustment System: Yes
- Bucking Spikes: Yes
- Limb Hook: Yes
Positive Reviews :
- Heavy but gets the job done.
- Simple to assemble and operate.
- Good reach with the center pole attachment.
- Surprisingly good power and cutting ability.
- Long battery life.
- Can handle dead, dry wood and larger limbs.
- Efficient and fast trimming.
- Impressive battery performance.
- Easy chain tension adjustment.
- Good power even on hardwoods.
- Great for eliminating low hanging branches.
- Easier to use than a gas chainsaw.
- Plenty of power for limb cutting.
- Works well with other Dewalt battery-powered tools.
- Good value for the price.
- Flawless performance during professional use.
- Long reach of up to 15 feet.
- High-quality construction.
Negative Reviews :
- Dewalt is unresponsive to emails and phone calls, making it difficult to get support or warranty coverage.
- Multiple customers reported motor burnout after only a few hours of use.
- One customer mentioned that the seller provided a bad timeline for delivery and did not offer a refund.
- Another customer had a defective item and the seller did not provide a replacement or contact them.
- One user experienced a discharged battery overnight and could not charge it again.
- The saw is said to have poor cutting performance and an unbalanced and cumbersome design.
- The saw frequently stops running for no reason, causing frustration for users.
- One customer mentioned that the saw leaked oil from the beginning and broke after only four uses.
- The tool burns through batteries and the chain pops off easily.
- Overall, customers expressed dissatisfaction with the product’s performance and quality.
5. EGO MPS1001 Power+ Head and Pole Saw Attachment:
The EGO MPS1001 is a versatile tool that is part of EGO’s Multi-Head System, allowing you to use the same power head with various EGO attachments, making it a convenient choice for maintaining your entire backyard. This kit includes the power head with a high-efficiency brushless motor and a 56-volt, 2.5-amp hour battery, which provides enough power for up to 70 cuts on a single charge. The pole saw attachment features a 10-inch cutting bar and chain capable of cutting branches up to 8 inches in diameter.
While the EGO MPS1001 offers great functionality, there are a few drawbacks to consider. The tool itself is relatively heavy, weighing 15.2 pounds, which may be a concern for users who prefer lightweight options. Additionally, the assembled pole saw has a maximum length of just over 7 feet, which may not be sufficient for reaching higher branches. Lastly, the kit comes with a higher price tag, but it’s worth noting that if you already own the EGO power head, you can purchase the pole saw attachment separately.
- Model: EGO MPS1001
- Power Source: Battery
- Maximum Length: 7 feet
- Weight: 15.2 pounds
- Maximum Branch Diameter: 8 inches
Positive Reviews :
- High quality and top of the line battery-powered tool
- Interchangeable batteries for extended usage
- Easy to set up and operate
- Great cutting power and long-lasting blade
- Versatile with the option to use other EGO attachments
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Long battery life and quick recharge time
- Quieter and cleaner than gas-powered alternatives
- Cuts through thick tree branches with ease
- Saves money on professional tree trimming services
- Tools are interchangeable and batteries can be shared among EGO products.
Negative Reviews :
- Kit received with a bad battery that quickly discharged and caused auto-shutdown.
- Frustrating experience with EGO customer support, with long wait times and lack of response.
- Customer support advised taking the kit to a local home depot for diagnostics, but Home Depot was unable to assist.
- Saw’s chain came off frequently and couldn’t be adjusted properly.
- Plastic cover and attachments were poorly made and didn’t fit well.
- Shaft arrived bent, and EGO agreed to take the product back but refused to send a replacement.
- Saw stopped working after minimal use, and batteries were also affected.
- Short length made it difficult to balance, and adding an extension worsened the balance.
- Chain came off repeatedly after cutting a few branches, and motor eventually stopped working.
In conclusion, selecting the best pole saw pruner requires careful consideration of various factors such as power source, reach, cutting capacity, and safety features. While I provided an overview of five pole saw pruners available on Amazon in 2023, it’s important to note that product availability and customer reviews may change over time.
The BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Pole Saw offers homeowners a convenient and affordable option for small lawn maintenance tasks. Its cordless design and lightweight construction make it easy to maneuver, but it may not be suitable for heavy-duty applications.
The Worx Corded Electric Pole Saw stands out with its detachable head and electric chainsaw functionality. It offers versatility and reasonable pricing, although some users have found the head to be heavy when attached to the pole.
The Sun Joe Electric Multiangle Pole Chain Saw offers an adjustable head and an extended working height, making it ideal for hard-to-reach branches. Its lightweight design and affordable price point make it accessible to homeowners with small to medium-sized yards.
The DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Pole Saw provides reliable performance and a long runtime with its cordless design and automatic oiling system. It offers excellent maneuverability and access to high branches, but it does not come with the required battery and charger.
When considering the best pole saw pruner for your needs, it’s crucial to evaluate customer reviews, brand reputation, and specific requirements for your pruning tasks. Always prioritize safety features and choose a pole saw that meets your cutting capacity and reach requirements. Remember to consult trusted sources and keep up-to-date with the latest product recommendations.
Q1: What are the key factors to consider when selecting a pole saw pruner?
A1: When selecting a pole saw pruner, important factors to consider include the power source (corded or cordless), reach (length of the pole), cutting capacity (bar length and chain speed), and safety features (such as automatic chain brakes and ergonomic handles).
Q2: Which pole saw pruner is recommended for homeowners with small yards?
A2: The BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Pole Saw is a recommended option for homeowners with small yards due to its cordless design and lightweight construction, making it easy to maneuver for basic lawn maintenance tasks.
Q3: Which pole saw pruner offers the most versatility?
A3: The Worx Corded Electric Pole Saw stands out in terms of versatility due to its detachable head, which allows it to function as an electric chainsaw when detached from the pole. This feature provides users with added flexibility for different pruning tasks.
Q4: What pole saw pruner is suitable for reaching high branches?
A4: The DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Pole Saw is a suitable option for reaching high branches due to its cordless design, long runtime, and extended reach. However, it’s important to note that the battery and charger are not included with the product.
Q5: How can I ensure I select the best pole saw pruner for my needs?
A5: To select the best pole saw pruner for your needs, it’s recommended to read customer reviews, consider brand reputation, and evaluate your specific requirements. Prioritize safety features, such as automatic chain brakes, and choose a pole saw that meets your desired cutting capacity and reach. Additionally, consulting trusted sources and staying up-to-date with the latest product recommendations can help in making an informed decision.